Telehealth – Convenient and Accessible Patient Care
Telephone consultation, videoconferencing, transmission of still images, e-health technologies, patient portals, and remote patient monitoring are all considered telehealth services. Electronic communication cannot be used for emergencies or time-sensitive matters. Remote visits are no longer an option for new patients or for patients who regularly reside outside of North Carolina.
What are the benefits of a telehealth appointment?
- Convenient and accessible
- Faster care – Telehealth can reduce wait times to see our providers
- Enhances the ability to manage chronic conditions
Telehealth is an excellent way to visit us! HIPAA-compliant telehealth live video appointments allow interaction with our providers in order to manage both new and ongoing dermatologic problems. We offer this service to established patients who reside in North Carolina. The day of your scheduled appointment you will receive a text from your healthcare provider. Click on the link in the text message to start the telehealth appointment.
What types of skin concerns may be scheduled as a telehealth appointment?
Most common skin conditions can be evaluated and addressed during a telehealth visit with our providers. If our providers determine you need to be seen in person for further treatment, our team will schedule an in-office visit.
- Accutane Maintenance. Requires date/time stamped photos for authentication.
- Allergic Skin Reactions
- Cold Sores
- Follow-Up Visits
- Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Suspicious Lesion. May require in-person visit.
What providers are available for general dermatology telehealth appointments?
Karlee Wagoner, NP and Diana Walker, PA-C have been extensively trained by Dr. Adigun to manage dermatologic problems at DLC. Working under the supervision of Dr. Adigun, Karlee and Diana are able to extend DLC’s overall reach of care. We have greater appointment availability with Karlee and Diana than Dr. Adigun, so this may better suit your needs.
To schedule a telehealth appointment email us at email@example.com or text our office phone number 919-942-2922.
How to Prepare for your Telemedicine Visit
IMPORTANT: Please know that we are licensed providers in the state of North Carolina. If you are not physically in North Carolina, we are unable to render a telemedicine visit.
Your telemedicine video visit with Dermatology & Laser Center of Chapel Hill (DLC) has been confirmed. Please read the instructions below. We look forward to seeing you!
1-2 days BEFORE your visit:
- New Patients and insurance changes: upload your insurance card by logging into your “myPatientVisit” portal. Attach a photo of the front and back of your insurance cards by scrolling down under your profile photo and selecting the “Upload Insurance Card” option.
- Please upload 3-5 photos of your areas of concern. Go to “myPatientVisit” portal, click on the “3 lines” icon in the top right-hand corner of your screen. Then, select the “myChart” option followed by the “Upload document” option.
15 minutes BEFORE your visit:
- DLC will send you a text message with a video link to connect with us.
- Make sure that you are in a private, well-lit room before joining.
- Ensure your device is connected to a strong Wi-Fi network and has access to a microphone and video camera.
- If you are having difficulty joining, please contact the office at 919-942-2922, and we will help you join.
AFTER your visit:
- Please pay your fees via our Express Pay Portal located here:
- You will need your chart number to complete payment. For additional questions or if you do not have your chart number, please contact the office at 919-942-2922.