What is UPNEEQ®?
UPNEEQ® (oxymetazoline hydrochloride ophthalmic solution), 0.1% is a prescription eyedrop used to treat acquired blepharoptosis (low-lying lids) in adults.
What is acquired ptosis(low-lying lids)?
Acquired ptosis is a common medical condition that:
– Can develop later in life
– Affects adults of all ages, but occurs more often with increased age
– Usually occurs when the muscles in the eyelid stretch and weaken, causing the upper eyelid to droop
– May be caused by other issues, such as cataract surgery, contact lens wear, or an underlying medical condition. It could also be a sign of a more serious medical condition.
How does acquired acquired ptosis affect you?
Acquired ptosis can affect eyesight by not only blocking your vision, but also by reducing field of vision, which may interfere with day-to-day functions such as:
– Computer use
– Looking up without the need to tilt your head back
What are the most common side effects of UPNEEQ®?
The most common adverse reactions with UPNEEQ® (occurring in 1-5% of patients) were eye inflammation, eye redness, dry eye, blurred vision, eye pain at time of use, eye irritation, and headache.